DST Announces SimWise V9.8
SimWise Integrated Motion, FEA and Optimization product receives new capabilities and expanded interoperability.
Design Simulation Technologies, Inc., today announced the availability of SimWise V9.8. This release continues to expand the Optimization, FEA, CAD Integration, and Interoperability capabilities of the product. Major capabilities of SimWise now include:
- 3D dynamic motion simulation featuring a robust 3D contact capability that allows real-world interactions between moving parts to be simulated
- 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) coupled with the motion simulation allowing stresses due to dynamic loading to be quickly calculated. Features such as automatic adaptivity provide high quality results. Normal modes, buckling, steady state and transient thermal and combined thermal-structural analyses are also provided.
- A Simulink interface that allows control systems modeled in Simulink to be co-simulated with a mechanical system modeled in SimWise.
- Keyframed animation for producing fly-throughs and other sophisticated visuals that aid in understand how a design is actually performing.
- Associative interfaces with SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, SpaceClaim Engineer, Geomagic Design, Onshape.
- Ability to read CAD data from Catia V5, NX, Creo/Elements, SolidWorks, Inventor, Solid Edge, ACIS, Parasolids, STEP, IGES, and STL.
- Optimization using results from 3D Dynamic Motion simulation and 3D FEA analyses.
- Fatigue Life calculations with add-on Durability Module.
- The ability to export data to high-end analysis systems including NASTRAN, ADAMS, and Simscape Multibody and all other systems that can read their file formats.